ways to foster
fostering for an agency or another local authority?
If you already foster for an agency or other local authority, you’ve already shown your commitment to making a positive impact in the lives of children and young people in need, offering them a secure and nurturing home.
- Maybe you’ve been approved for some time but haven’t yet had a chance a welcome a child into your home.
- Or you may be moving to Pembrokeshire from another local authority.
- Or you may be registered with an agency and fostering a Pembrokeshire child.
We are a not-for-profit fostering service with children at the heart of what we do. Find out what Foster Wales Pembrokeshire can offer you.
benefits of fostering directly with Foster Wales Pembrokeshire
By fostering direct with your local authority you’ll be part of a team with a depth of knowledge about a child’s journey, local services and schools which will be invaluable to you as foster carers. The Foster Wales Pembrokeshire team have years of experience supporting children in need of care within the county.
If you already care for a Pembrokeshire child, by transferring to us you would be part of the local team around the child and more involved in the decisions being made about their care.
We are responsible for all children in need of care in Pembrokeshire, children of all ages. We always approach our own Foster Wales Pembrokeshire carers first, so children can remain close to home, attend their local school and maintain contact with friends and family.
what Foster Wales Pembrokeshire offer
In addition to dedicated support from our committed fostering team social workers, you will be supported by your fellow foster carers. Plus:
- Fostering allowance (child’s element and a carer’s element) and additional allowances for birthdays, religious holidays, and 4 weeks additional holiday allowance a year.
- Additional payments for being on the emergency rota.
- Membership of The Fostering Network with its associated discounts and services.
- Specialist advice and consultation from a dedicated psychology service.
- Peer mentoring.
- Extensive pre-approval training and regular training opportunities.
- Discounted family Pembrokeshire Leisure Pass.
- CADW membership.